My life, my writes... and, of course, an attempt at wit!

December 26, 2015

MUFC and LVG

From the moment MUFC sacked David Moyes, without giving him ample time in my opinion (I always felt he should have been allowed to finish that season and at worst, the next half season), they set off a chain... Any manager that comes in and isn't getting it right quickly and consistently, has to go almost immediately (the "Moyes" treatment).
But with all the dislike I have for LVG, I do not support that he be given the boot now or anywhere in the near future. He should be allowed to finish the season and then the board makes a decision after on if to give him any more extra time. Same should apply for just about every "struggling" manager. I am aware that some clubs have lower "tolerance" levels than others because they are not financially buoyant and hence want to quickly stem the rot but likes of Chelsea, United, City really do not fall into that category. Like I always said and still maintain, MUFC is too huge a global, financial brand now, way bigger than Liverpool was in the '80s in my opinion; and five seasons (max) of on-field drought (trophy-less) can hardly affect this. For crying out loud, Arsenal previously haven't won a thing in just about a decade and they didn't go under, did they!?

No comments:

Post a Comment