My life, my writes... and, of course, an attempt at wit!

October 02, 2015

Her Letter...


Hey baby!

It is your birthday in a week or two and I wasn’t really sure what to get you because I want to give you something from my heart and you also said I should be creative so I hope this is creative enough for you.

I have had this in mind for a very long time but I almost didn’t write it anymore because you said something very hurtful to me last night and you didn’t send any message to apologise; and I found that very strange. I also have a weird feeling that something is on your mind and you are not telling me… … anyway, this is supposed to be a love letter and birthday present so I don’t know why I am ranting.

You see, when I first met you, I never thought that we would end up like this, that you will come to mean so much to me and be a part of my life. Sometimes we lose touch of ourselves, make each other cry and say hurtful things, but we always find our way back.

I am not sure how this love happened to me, I can’t tell when I fell in love with you but somewhere along the random chats on Facebook, the long talks on the phone, the big laughs, all the keke rides to my house, the confrontations, the crazy fight and tears, the poems that I always thought were about me (even the ones you wrote before we met) and the jealousy I felt when I realized there used to be someone else (sigh! My life of drama) and the way you stand by me through it all… … somewhere along the line, I FELL IN LOVE WITH YOU!

We have been together for a while now and we have some great / not so great memories. When I am with you I feel 100% comfortable and complete. The way you move, make me laugh hard when I don’t even want to smile, you talk all my worries and insecurities away, you make tomorrow worth the wait and yesterday worth remembering.

I am not the prettiest woman, not the perfect / ideal girlfriend, but remember I will always love you (even the times when you are not so loveable, like last night), I will always take care of you and always be there for you, cheering you all the way; whether you are winning or losing. I am your number one fan, I will always stand by you no matter how big the problem may be. Though times are tough right now and circumstances are keeping us apart, as long as we are together, nothing else matters.

Happy birthday baby. Happy birthday my boothang. The winds beneath my wings, my break from the world, my happy ever after. Yes it is your birthday, but I got the gift… … you in my life for another year… … you are priceless!
May God continue to bless you in all your endeavours and cause strange me to favour you!

I LOVE YOU
                MY FAIRYTALE PRINCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment