My life, my writes... and, of course, an attempt at wit!

January 31, 2015

Doesn't feel like a 'Happy' New Year...

In many ways, it's been a start to the year I would have wanted and then again, it's not. It is a total mix bag I cannot explain... every experience, utterly memorable in striking, varying contrast. Evoking emotions, way too far apart they cannot be mistaken or mixed. Different instances, places and people; yet so closely inter-woven and close to home they hit with a blend of raw pleasure and pain.

First of, one of my elder brothers finally takes the big step over the mythical broomstick and ties the knot with his soul-mate. A second brother and cousin who I haven't seen in years, both return home for the event and a joyous reunion. 
Two bosom friends finally commit to their long time flames and two more, welcome their very first bairns - as one of them aptly put it, his "heir". Our sick dad finally has something to cheer, something to lift his spirit and boost his health. Mum is smiling; proud and joyous. The ladies are not at each other's throats' as everybody basks in the euphoria of peace, unity and love once again!

Through this all, just when I finally begin to feel the tide of happiness tugging at my ankles, showing me the way to go; I somehow conspire to lose the one thing away from family that gives me the greatest joy. The one person in all of the world that can put a stop to all of my troubles with a smile; wipe that scowl off my face and wrap my heart in the warmth of sunshine without even saying a word. The one companion I want to have while navigating through life's many swivels, twists and turns!
Well, what can I say... all of a sudden, it just doesn't feel like a "Happy New Year" anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment