My life, my writes... and, of course, an attempt at wit!

July 19, 2012

Three years!

Exactly three years to the day, I opened a blogger account and designed my first blog(http://mypoetrycrib.blogspot.com). This one you're reading is its sister that was borne much later.

Below is the poem that kicked off my poetic expedition. Reading it now still gives me goose-bumps all over again. It is titled "forever yours", dedicated to one woman I know not.

"You moved slowly,
Patiently watching and waiting,
Never rushing,
never insisting,
Held my hands and walked by my side,
True commitment in every step,
A pillar of strength at bleary times,
Inspiration in the forlorn days,
Extra shoulders to carry life’s wonted burdens,
The pool that dammed my every tear…
That’s why, I’m forever yours…"

Sadly, three years on and I am still searching for that nameless, blameless, faceless woman who was the source inspiration for this piece... I sincerely hope I do not have to wait another three or more!

No comments:

Post a Comment